Host City is the largest meeting of Cities and Sports, Business and Cultural Events
Host City returns to Glasgow on 26-27 November 2019 - at the Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde. And while there are countless opportunities why you should attend the Host City 2019 Conference and Exhibition, we've narrowed it down to four essential reasons:
1. Hear from the experts.
Our speakers comprise leaders in the global events industry, including high level representatives from the world of sporting events (IOC, NOCs, International Federations and other event owners); cultural events (Eurovision, Cirque de Soleil) and business events (organisers of major congresses and similar). Host City has become renowned for its high level of speakers and their acessibility to other attendees.
2. A challenging and responsive agenda.
At Host City you will meet the professional world of event hosting and have the opportunity to make new friendships.
- Cities and Destinations attend the conference to showcase their attractions and to learn about successful event hosting. Why should cities host? How do cities attract events? How do they best engage with their citizens?
- Event Owners and rights holders can discover new hosting opportunities and learn best practice from other events.
- Case studies, story telling, audience voting all form part of the interactive agenda that is responsive to current challenges of events hosting. The audience is encouraged to influence the discussion.
3. Network and learn from your peers in the Host City community.
Host City provides excellent opportunities for networking both at the conference and exhibition venue and at other social events organised as part of the experience. There is an introductory drinks reception prior to the conference opening as well as a relaxed and informal dinner for all attendees with an element of fun thrown in.
4. Meet with new buyers and suppliers.
Host City attendees and exhibitors are industry experts and solution-providers with their fingers on the pulse of mega event hosting. They have worked with a wide range of events from small to mega, indoor and outdoor, global and local - and they have answers to your questions on planning, design, infrastructure and security among many other subjects.